Thursday 25 February 2010

There's nothing like some good ol' vinyl...



Victor Talking Machine, named after an old brand of gramophone, are a band that I've stumbled across before on my travels, when I wrote an article about them for a magazine I was doing some unpaid work for. At the time, their track 'Date Models' made them stand out like a sore thumb from the other tracks I was asked to write about, because even from the first bar you could tell the track was going to be good stuff. It became something of a favourite for me and my bedroom speakers. Now, having met the delightful lads (and their drummer's cat) in person, I'm even more convinced that they're a band that deserve some real recognition, and soon.

Unlike a great many of bands of their ilk, they understand that in order for a shoegazey, scuzzy track to catch people's attention, it needs to be catchy and be a little bit accessible about it (not too much, though, of course!). So, no unlistenable Shoreditch-tastic mess for them, just good tracks that make you want to press play again as soon as they've finished.

Get listening to them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment