Thursday 18 February 2010

Yum Yum Girls


You know that happy feeling you get when you come across a track that you know, as soon as you hear the first few bars, you're going to play into the ground? Well, in this case, it's more like a band in general. I've seen Yuck adorning quite a few gig posters around about the town but, shamefully, never checked them out. Before now that is, and I've got that happy feeling all the way up to my eyebrows.

This is 90s-style gorgeousness through and through. Warm, tuneful, cool, great songs that I can tell are going to be gracing my bedroom speakers for quite some time. For those of you that heard Exlovers' debut EP last summer - you'll love this. As much as I loved that EP, it was missing some bite, or a bit of scuzz, or something. Yuck just completed that little puzzle for me. Listen to them here; especially get a load of their forthcoming single 'Georgia', which is going to be released as a split single with Herzog on Transparent Records on 15th March. Buy it!

Georgia from Yuck on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment